Terms and Conditions
Booking and payment terms
- Payment of a deposit or your total booking cost constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Credit card payments incur a 1.5% surcharge.
- If you book through a 3rdparty website your booking will be subject to the terms and conditions specified on that website. Bookings made through this website are subject to the terms and conditions listed on this page. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the booking rate type that you have booked.
- We have 3 booking rate types:
a) Short-term stay (less than 28 days) refundable. A deposit equal to the cost of a one-night stay is required as confirmation of booking. The remainder of the payment is due 7 days before your arrival.
b) Short-term stay (less than 28 days) non-refundable. Non-refundable bookings require the entire payment to be taken upon booking. Non-refundable bookings are non-alterable and non-transferable.
c) Long-term stay (28 days or more) refundable. A deposit equal to the cost of a one-week stay is required as confirmation of booking. The balance of the payment is due 7 days before your arrival. Individual payment plans for the balance can also be pre-arranged with management, in writing, before your stay.
- If we do not receive payment in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to your booking, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-let the accommodation.
- The authorised signatory for the credit card used to make the booking must be a registered guest. Otherwise, the credit card signatory is required to submit a credit card authorisation form prior to check in – download this form. We reserve the right to refuse accommodation to guests who cannot present the credit card that was used for payment.
Our cancellation policy
The cancellation policy varies for each booking rate type (see point 3 above).
- a. For short-term stay refundable bookings, if a booking is cancelled more than seven days before the booked arrival date, we will refund your deposit using the same method you used to make your payment – i.e. using the same credit card details. If the booking is cancelled within seven days of the arrival date, the full booking cost (deposit and the balance of the booking cost) is non-refundable and will be deemed by us as a cancellation fee. If this occurs, we will make every effort to re-let the property and will refund you proportionally if we are successful in doing so, less a $50 cancellation fee. For example, if the property is re-let for the entire period, we will refund the full booking cost to you, less the deposit and $50 cancellation fee.
- For short-term stay non-refundable bookings, the payment cannot be refunded after cancellation.
- For long-term stay bookings, if a booking is cancelled more than fourteen days before the booked arrival date, we will refund your deposit using the same method you used to make your payment – e.g. using the same credit card details. If the booking is cancelled within fourteen days of the arrival date, we will retain the one-week’s deposit as a cancellation fee. If you wish to reduce a long-term booking to fewer than 28 days, your rate will be adjusted to the rate applicable to your new length of stay.
- We will refund deposits within seven days of receiving notification of your cancellation, subject to the conditions listed in point 6 above.
- In the unlikely event cancellation is made by Waterfront Management Group (WFM Group), all money you have paid to date will be refunded to you within seven days, by the same method it was paid.
- WFM Group will make every effort to ensure the property you have booked is available on the dates you have booked, but if there are unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to make alterations to your booking or cancel it if required. We will make any changes in consultation with you.
- You must notify us of your expected arrival time at least 24 hours before you check in to ensure you have access to the building – contact Melbourne Holiday staff on (+61) 410 574 183 to do this. A staff member will meet you at the arranged time. You cannot enter the apartment building without a staff member to let you in or provide you with an access fob. We will wait for 45 minutes for you. If we need to return for a second check-in an additional cost of $50 will apply. Please contact staff prior to your arrival time if you will be delayed to avoid additional costs.
- The authorised signatory for the credit card used to make the booking must be present at check in, and provide photo ID. If not, a credit card authorisation form needs to be filled out prior to check in – download this form.
- An additional security bond will be pre-authorised to a credit card at check in. The security bond amount will be between $500 and $2,000, depending on the property you are renting and the time of year.
- If a credit card cannot be provided for the security bond, a cash security deposit of $500 is required.
- Guests who are unable to meet these check-in requirements will not be granted access to our apartments.
- The number of guests in your apartment must not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice for your booking, or any different number subsequently agreed with us in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed in advance with us, and we also reserve the right to terminate your booking without refund should you not meet this condition.
- On departure of the property, guests must follow instructions provided by staff member on check-in. Keys are either to be placed in the Melbourne Holiday Apartments office dropbox, left inside the apartment, or left in the apartment mailbox. A $250 charge applies to any keys/swipes lost or not returned on departure of the property.
Conditions of your stay
- Parties and functions at our apartments during your stay are strictly prohibited.We do not allow them under any circumstances. Use of the apartment contrary to this condition will result in the loss of your bond and/or additional payments. We reserve the right to terminate your booking without refund should you not meet this condition.
- Excess noise.All guests in our apartments are required to conduct themselves respectfully during their stay so as not to disturb neighbours or interfere with their right to enjoy their properties. You are also required to enter and the leave the property quietly at all times. We reserve the right to remove guests with a full loss of rent and bond if this condition is not met, and we will not be responsible for any alternative accommodation costs.
- No smoking.You are not permitted to smoke in any of our apartments. We reserve the right to terminate your booking without refund if you do so and additional cleaning costs will apply. You are permitted to smoke on the balcony of the apartment, provided the door to the apartment remains closed. You are not permitted to throw cigarette butts from the balcony at any time. Melbourne Holiday Apartments reserves the right to withhold additional charges from the bond taken on arrival for extra cleaning costs if smoke residue is found in the apartment on departure.
- Pets are not allowed at our apartments unless specific arrangements have been made in writing with us prior to your arrival.
- Any damage, breakage, theft and loss during your stay is your responsibility and it is expected you will meet the full replacement/cleaning costs associated with this. We take no responsibility for your personal property during your stay.
- Should the smoke alarm at your apartment be activated by mistake during your stay (e.g. by cooking or the use of candles), you will take full responsibility for all costs incurred by the Melbourne Fire Brigade if they are called to attend.
- You must not participate in any illegal activity at our apartments at any time and we reserve the right to terminate your booking without refund of rent or security bond if you do so.
- On departure, the apartment must be left in a similar state to its condition on your arrival, otherwise we will be required to charge additional cleaning fees.
- If the property you are staying at has pool or gym facilities, you must adhere to the rules in place at the recreational facility. Violation of these rules can result in termination of your stay.
- You must not assign or sub-let the whole or any part of the premises without our written consent.
- You must not use or allow the apartment to be used in such a manner as to cause a nuisance or cause an interference with the reasonable peace, comfort or privacy of any occupier of neighbouring premises.
- Guests are required to comply with the rules of the owners corporation in each property. Flinders Wharf owners corporation rules can be found here. Southbank owners corporation rules can be found here.
Problems/complaints/reporting faulty appliances
- If you need to report a problem at your apartment – for example an appliance does not work – please contact us immediately so we can address this matter for you.
- If you are unhappy with something at your apartment, please let us know while you are staying there so we can address this issue as soon as possible.
- The place of law is Victoria, and the courts of Victoria have exclusive jurisdiction.
- WFM Group enters into this agreement with you on behalf of the owner of the property you are renting.
- All information or advice provided by us is intended to be general in nature. WFM Group tries at all times to ensure all such information is correct but we do not guarantee its accuracy.
- WFM Group is not liable for any action you may take as a result of relying on such information or advice, or for any loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or otherwise) suffered by you as a result of you taking this action.
- We cannot be held responsible for the failure or interruption to power or other services to your apartment for reasons beyond our control.
- We are not liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damage or loss of profits from the use of our apartments or services.
Please note: Variances to these terms and conditions are possible, but only by arrangement with us in writing.